Totalize Media is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information from which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and with the requirements laid down by law in the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998, The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations (PECR) 2003 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
Totalize Media may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Full name of legal entity: Totalize Media Ltd.
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Suite 542/543 Baltic Chambers, Wellington Street, Glasgow, G2 6HJ
Telephone number: 0141 370 0616
WHAT WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following information:
- Identity Information – including our name, username, date of birth, or job title.
- Contact information – including your email address, postal address and telephone number.
- Profile Information – including demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests where possible.
- Usage Information – including information about how you use our website, products or services, and technical information about how these are accessed.
- Marketing & Communications Preferences – including information on whether you wish to receive marketing material, newsletters and other communications from Totalize Media.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Website.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Website is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Website to provide its services. In cases where this Website specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Website and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record-keeping and to administer any dealings that you might have with us.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services to you.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and given us consent to use.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post but only in accordance with your expressed consent for such contact. We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We collect this data from you on at least one of the following legal bases:
- That you have provided your explicit consent for us to do so.
- That we need to in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you (which includes the provision of quotations or estimates as a result of a request from you).
- That we have a legitimate interest in doing so for our own commercial marketing activities where our use of your data is proportionate, has a minimal impact on your privacy and is an activity that you might reasonably expect us to be engaged in.
THE PURPOSE FOR PROCESSING
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Totalize Media to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Analytics, Contacting the User, and where applicable and with consent, Direct Marketing.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose below:
|Purpose For Processing||Personal Data Collected||Means Of Collection||Lawful Basis|
|Contacting and communicating with the user|
- Contact Form
- Direct Contact
|(a) Performance of a contract with you, or taking steps to enter a contract with you.|
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests to pursue new business and to answer user requests
|Analytical data used to improve our website, products/services, content, marketing material and practices, relationships and experiences|
- Marketing & Communications
- Newsletter Preferences
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how users interact with our website and services, define different customer types, improve our site and services and further grow our business|
|Subscribe to a mailing list or newsletter, make suggestions about available services and products, company updates and other marketing services|
- Marketing & Communications
- Contact Form
- Newsletter Sign Ups
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to interact with users and grow our business|
|To administer our website and protect our business and interests including data analysis, website maintenance, support, security and hosting||Necessary for our legitimate interests to protect our business from fraud, network security, data analysis|
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only retain your personal information for the minimum time that is necessary. For some purposes such as our business accounting obligations, this length of time will be determined by legislation.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website(s), look for the box or boxes that you can choose to tick to indicate that you agree or opt-in, so that the information can be used by us for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten – If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct-marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us. We will comply with your request within one month of receiving it. Please note, there may be certain circumstances such as a legal obligation we may have, that mean the right to be forgotten cannot be implemented but we will inform you of this should you contact us on this basis.
- Right of data portability – You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you in order that you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. This right is only applicable if you have given us explicit consent to process your data or if we have used it for the performance of any contract(s) we may have (had) with you. If you wish to do this, please contact us. We will provide the information in a commonly used and machine-readable format free of charge.
- Right of access to your data – You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
- Right to rectification of inaccurate data – If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
- Right to object to processing of your data – You have a right to object to us using your data for marketing under the basis of ‘legitimate interests’ and if you wish to do so, please contact us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR 2018. This is free but in the case of manifestly unfounded or excessive/repetitive requests we reserve the right to charge a small administration fee of £10. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All your information is stored electronically on a secure server.
Any password(s) which you might use to access the website or other platforms that are operated by Totalize Media using third-party providers are your own responsibility and you undertake not to share them with anyone else. If you believe your password(s) has/have been compromised, you must inform us straight away and change it.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related Services. The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User’s Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Website does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
To request the information we hold on you, request rectification, or deletion, or to register a complaint about how your information is handled, please use the form below: