07 Dec Scottish Enterprise By Design Grant
We’ve got exciting news for you, Scottish Enterprise has recently released their ‘By Design’ grant which, if you’re eligible, can contribute between £2,000 and £5,000 to help you design new products or services! Or it can also be used to improve the design of existing ones!
The grant can be used in any of these areas:
- Sampling or minimal viable product design
- Service design or manufacture ready design
- Formulation trials and focus groups
- Recipe development
- Packaging, prototyping or tooling
- Branding can be covered by the grant but must be part of a bigger innovation project with other design costs in the application.
(Designing a website can also be included, as long as the website is part of the bigger project and costs do not exceed 10% of the total eligible project costs.)
And guess what, if you check these boxes, you’re eligible!
- A small to medium-sized VAT registered business or social enterprise in Scotland
- Looking to use design to develop a new product or service.
- Able to contribute at least 30% of the cost
- Able to fund the project up-front
- Able to demonstrate the benefits of the project
(By exception, non-VAT registered applicants may be considered if they have pre-approval for a VAT exemption via their Business Gateway adviser.)
If you’re unsure whether this grant is right for you, check out all the details and how to apply here!
And even better, as one of Scotland’s leading Food & Drink Marketing Specialists, we have all the knowledge and expertise to help you out! Whether it’s designing your new brand, producing bespoke packaging or working with you to create an innovative and on-trend website that stands out from the crowd, we’ve got you covered! So, get in touch with our team today!